- Editor Rating
- Rated 3 stars
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- ComfortEditor: 60%
- EffectivenessEditor: 70%
- ReputationEditor: 60%
- Value for moneyEditor: 70%
- Editor's RatingEditor: 60%
RipSnore can help by reducing snoring and therefore can be used as an anti-snoring solution but worth double-checking how well does it compare to other similar snoring mouthpieces available in Australia.
Do you know that a good night’s sleep plays a crucial role in your overall health? And that snoring messes up your sleep? The snoring problem has become widespread among the Australian population and has resulted in restless sleeping nights.
Now, you don’t have to miss out on peaceful sleep due to the snoring problem because RipSnore may have a solution for you!
RipSnore provides a promising solution to the snoring problem for Australians. This Australian-based mouthpiece is now being sold in the USA, the UK, Australia, and Canada too. But how good is it in comparison to the many other mouthpieces we have reviewed?
What This Article Is All About?
- 1 Introduction to RipSnore
- 2 Who’s Behind the RipSnore Device?
- 3 How Does RipSnore Work?
- 4 How to Fit RipSnore?
- 5 How Effective Is RipSnore?
- 6 What Are the Possible Side Effects of RipSnore?
- 7 Who Should and Should Not Use RipSnore?
- 8 What About the Cost, Shipment, and Warranty of RipSnore?
- 9 The Final Verdict
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s begin with the RipSnore review so that you can learn more about the product.
Introduction to RipSnore
RipSnore (rest-in-peace snore) is an anti-snoring mouthpiece manufactured in Australia. It is gaining popularity among Australians.
The Australian Therapeutic Goods Association has approved it as a Class 1 medical device. The Conformite Europeenne has certified it for use for snoring as well.
RipSnore has been designed to reduce or stop snoring to help you get a good night’s sleep and wake up refreshed.
This transparent mouth device works like a Mandibular Advancement Splint Device that uses the “Mandibular Repositioning” technology to facilitate seamless airflow during your sleep. RipSnore does not let your jaw fall into the airway by repositioning the lower jaw forward.
Who’s Behind the RipSnore Device?
A middle-aged Australian, David Campbell, with a team of 10 people, saw the need for something that could provide relief from snoring without costing a fortune. Hence, RipSnore was founded to tackle the issue.
David Campbell’s company has distributions from suppliers and local representatives in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the USA for manufacturing high-quality and affordable RipSnore. The company also ensures to deliver your order as soon as possible.
The RipSnoreTM user can find instant relief from snoring at an incredibly low price compared to other devices in the market that can cost you hundreds of dollars.
David created the RipSnoreTM because he wanted to fix his snoring problem. He then developed the device utilizing his knowledge and skills with the help of suppliers from different countries and his family, who had a long history in the dental business. His wife, Jennifer, named the device.
Let’s explore something interesting about the RipSnore device:
How Does RipSnore Work?
Typically, you end up snoring when the tissues at the back of your throat vibrate. During sleep, the tissues vibrate and produce noise that disrupts your sleep and may also disturb your partner sleeping beside you.
RipSnore serves by holding your lower jaw slightly forward to allow the base of the tongue to move away from the soft palate and the back of the airway. This will help the soft palate located at the back of the mouth not to vibrate, making a clear passage for the air to ease breathing. The free flow of air will then silence snoring. Once, the air tract is clear of any kind of obstruction, you are less likely to snore during your sleep.
The patented technology of the RipSnore device can also be effective in reducing snoring associated with mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). So, if you’re a sleep apnea patient, you can use RipSnore to alleviate the snoring problem.
However, patients with chronic sleep apnea are recommended to seek medical advice from their healthcare professional. You are not supposed to self-treat chronic health problems without any professional advice.
The unique mold of RipSnore perfectly fits your mouth and teeth. You can also use the device to treat teeth grinding without any discomfort.
RipSnore, with a success rate of 98%, ensures a constant flow of air in the airways because of the permanent gap in front of the mouthpiece.
Components of the Device
A single RipSnore package comes with:
- Two RipSnore mouthpieces
- One protective case
- Fitting spacer
- Step-by-step fitting instructions
RipSnore Mouthpieces: The mouthpieces are transparent devices manufactured from Dynaflex plastic, BPA-free material, approved by the FDA and certified by the Conformite Europeenne (C. E).
Dynaflex plastic is designed to fit all sizes and remolded more than five times. It can last for 12-18 months.
The RipSnore mouthpieces are transparent. You can get the anti-snore solution, and no one will know that you’re wearing it. This makes the design of RipSnore very subtle and less prominent.
Design: The RipSnore mouthpiece has been designed to not interfere with normal breathing because it is designed with two air holes at the front.
This perfectly designed mouthpiece can be used by the user even if they have any illness that interferes with normal breathing. For example, a person can use it even if they have deviated septum, nasal polyps, nasal congestion, and sinus problems. What could be more beneficial than this!
The two air holes have a divider in the middle of them that does not let air holes collapse while you’re asleep.
Moreover, the RipSnore mouthpiece is a little thicker than other anti-snoring devices. There are two reasons for designing the thicker mouthpiece instead of the thinner mouthpiece:
- Many people who snore also grind teeth (bruxism). According to numerous manufacturers, people who grind their teeth should not use thinner mouthpieces because of their weak structural integrity. Moreover, the lifespan of the mouthpiece could have been lowered with thinner material.
- As the thicker mouthpiece can withstand the jaw-pull for a long time, the thinner model could not do that.
The Protective Casing: As the name suggests, the protective casing comes with the RipSnore mouthpiece to protect the device after use. The user must always dry-clean the mouthpiece before placing it in the protective case. Dry cleaning the mouthpiece will prevent bacteria from building up in the device.
Let’s get to the final device component that serves a vital role – the white spacer.
The Fitting Spacer: The fitting spacer is used only during the boil-and-bite process. This component keeps the air holes open when in use.
In the absence of the fitting spacer, the air holes would collapse during the fitting process. The spacer is removed after fitting to allow breathing through the mouth.
You might have a question here: what is the fitting process? Let’s talk about this.
How to Fit RipSnore?
We mentioned earlier that the RipSnore device also comes with a step-by-step fitting guide. The fitting process is straightforward. You need the following things to fit the device:
- Ice cold water
- Two cups of boiling water
- A pair of tongs
- Two bowls or Pyrex dishes
- And a timer/stopwatch
Now it’s time to create a custom fit!
Here Are the Steps of the Fitting Process
- Boil two cups of water and transfer into the bowl.
- Now in another bowl, prepare ice-cold water (ice bath).
- After that, submerge the RipSnore into the boiled water for 30 seconds using a pair of tongs.
- Allow the device to cool after removing it from hot water. Make sure the device is cool enough to be placed into the mouth.
- After cooling the device, place the mouthpiece with its curved side up into your mouth and reposition the lower jaw in a forward position.
- Next, bite down the mouthpiece for 30 seconds. Make sure you bite down as firmly as possible. It is important to note that you should do all this by sucking the air out and using your fingers to shape the device on the gums.
- Right after 30 seconds, remove the mouthpiece and put in cold-ice water for another one minute.
- Remove the fitting space and check the fit.
The fitting guide of the RipSnore device says that you can re-execute the fitting process up to 5 times. However, you can re-attempt it only three times. After this, you have to use the second device.
It is crucial to insert the fitting spacer before starting the process. Otherwise, air holes will collapse, and normal breathing might be hindered.
How Effective Is RipSnore?
According to the company, RipSnore has an efficacy of 98%. It means that if 100 individuals have a snoring problem, RipSnore treats 98 individuals.
This 98% success rate of RipSnore is documented on the FAQs page of their website. The website explains that they surveyed 300 different customers with snoring problems in an independent study. That’s how they came up with this success rate.
RipSnore is as effective as many MADs (mandibular adjustment devices). RipSnore uses FDA-cleared plastic and registered as a Class 1 anti-snoring medical device in Australia.
The bottom line is, RipSnore is effective in 98% of the cases, and it is as effective as other MADs. What makes RipSnore unique is the white spacer that prevents air holes from being collapsed and keeps them wide open.
It is to be noted that the two air holes of RipSnore are entirely different from other anti-snoring mouthpieces. RipSnore’s breather holes are wide open, other devices have only one narrow passage, and some devices come with no breather holes at all. This makes RipSnore not only more functional but also way more efficient and easy to use.
After receiving RipSnore, you’ll get instructions about fitting the device in your mouth. You can achieve the perfect individual fit by the fitting process (boil-and-bite process).
Before you go to sleep, open your mouth, put RipSnore in your mouth, bite down it firmly, and close your jaws. This will significantly reduce snoring and help you and others around you sleep more peacefully than ever before because it fits snugly and comfortably in your mouth.
Only you will know that you’re wearing RipSnore because of its transparent appearance. In the morning, store RipSnore back in its protective casing after air drying it. If required, you can also rinse RipSnore with clean water.
What Are the Possible Side Effects of RipSnore?
While using RipSnore as a MAD for the first time, you may experience some temporary side effects, including:
- Slight pain in the jaws that subdues within few days.
- You may feel exhausted in the morning when you first use it. Sometimes, you can also experience restless nights.
- Extreme drooling during the first days of use.
If you feel your jaw soreness does not go away after few days of using RipSnore, you should consult your physician and stop using the device immediately.
Who Should and Should Not Use RipSnore?
The use of RipSnore is ideal for those who:
- Is a mouth breather
- Have snoring problem with or without having obstructive sleep apnea.
- Want an anti-snoring device that can facilitate the custom fitting of the mouthpiece.
- Is a mouth snorer
- Has nasal polyps or deviated septum
- Need a device that is budget-friendly but should not compromise on quality.
RipSnore is not recommended for individuals who:
- Have chronic obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Have an incomplete denture
- Wear braces
- Has unhealthy gums
What About the Cost, Shipment, and Warranty of RipSnore?
RipSnore costs only $67, and this is actually a reasonable price because you get an extra mouthpiece in the same bundle. So, this makes the device inexpensive because you have to pay less for two mouthpieces.
You can order RipSnore from anywhere in the world and pay through Paypal or any other international payment mode. It is recommended that you buy the product from its official website.
If you feel you’re not comfortable with the device or notice poor results, you can safely return the product to the manufacturer. You can also request a complete refund.
The manufacturers of RipSnore provide a full money-back guarantee within 45 days. You can try the product and check the results within 45 days after purchase.
With a warranty of 6 months, you can even replace the product in case of a manufacturing defect. If you buy RipSnore from any chemist, pharmacy, or another 3rd part outlet, you must return the product to where you purchased it from.
If you have made an online order of RipSnore from their official website, and you receive a defective product, then you must mail the product to the manufacturer using the address:
PO BOX 16283,
City East, Brisbane, 4169
What Do People Say About RipSnore?
Thousands of customers have bought this anti-snoring device. Some claim its efficacy and give positive feedback, and others came up with negative feedbacks that can be found on different websites.
People generally find the device helpful and think that the use of the device has made a difference. However, the main complaints are regarding the use of the device and how the mask does not fit everyone. Some people have questioned the company’s values.
The company claims that its device is 98% effective but is not backed by actual clinical evidence.
Finally, some people have found the customer support objectionable and they have found returning the device quite difficult.
The Final Verdict
An affordable, and comfortable mandible splint solution that can help you stop or reduce your snoring problem.
RipSnore was manufactured by David Campbell, who saw the need for a device that provides snoring relief. Solving this issue meant, that the user can enjoy a much better quality of sleep during the night. As a result of improved sleep quality, the body is able to rejuvenate a lot better during the night.
RipSnore works by moving the base of the tongue away from the airways and slightly moving the lower jaw forward. Unlike some other MADs, RipSnore is cost-effective, gives an extra device, and has a 98% success rate.
RipSnore comes with two devices, a fitting spacer, a protective casing, and a step-by-step guide. The device comes with a full money-back guarantee and 60 days warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. There are two air holes in the front that helps in natural breathing.
No, you don’t require a doctor’s prescription to use RipSnore.
If you’re using the device for the first time, you may find a little discomfort or jaw aches. The pain automatically disappears within a few days.
RipSnore, unfortunately, comes in only one size. You may find the size small or large.
- RipSnore comes with two devices that are transparent mouthpieces.
- RipSnore is manufactured with Dynaflex material that is BPA-free and FDA-cleared.
- The price is 67$, which is relatively less than many other anti-snoring devices.
- The 45-days money-back guarantee of RipSnore provides you a lot of time to check the device’s results.
- RipSnore can be used as a first solution to treat snoring associated with mild to moderate sleep apnea.
- It is an efficient product that allows the air to move freely through mouth breathing.
- The device is usable even if you have allergic congestions, nasal polyps, deviated septum, and sinuses problems.
- You can create a custom fit with the boil-and-bite method. The fitting process is straight and easy if you have already tried the boil-and-bite method.
- The lifespan of RipSnore is only three months.
- The device is not FDA-cleared. Only the material used for manufacturing the device is FDA-cleared.
- This is one size of advice that does not fit all users.
- The device is very bulky to use.
- No evidence backed up by actual scientific evidence.
- Returning of the device is not easy as per few customers.
Summary: RipSnore can help by reducing snoring and therefore can be used as an anti-snoring solution but worth double-checking how well does it compare to other similar snoring mouthpieces available in Australia.